Photo Cred: Glyder Apparel
Whoop, there it is! Friday, that is, and what a PTY it is! Friday means I get to wear a comfy maxi skirt to work, sit with my legs crossed (thanks to said maxi skirt) and bop around to fun, feisty jams while I write about some darlings and darling things I’m currently digging. Not too shabby. BTW- is anyone else irrationally but supremely bothered by the psuedo-word “favie”? I’m usually pretty non-judgemental, and often, even guilty of using, cutesy abbreviated words and phrases, but “favie’ just grinds my gears. Along with “blessed”…there are not enough scary/mad emoticons for that one…Anyway, moving on! Good vibes ahead.
1. Oh She Glows cookbook. It feels very hipster of me to say this but I’ve followed Angela’s blog for about 5 years now, when the book was probably just a twinkle in her eye! To be honest, I don’t
really ever buy cookbooks because of that little thing known as the internet (I get most of my recipes from Instagram, Pinterest, blogs, Google), but now that I think about that rational, that’s pretty lame of me. Moving forward, I vow to be more cookbook friendly. I’m glad this was my first ever purchased cookbook though. The night I got it, I had to whip of something so obviously I went for the balls- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites (balls) to be exact! There are a million other things I’m dying to make so if someone has a good reason to throw a party, let me know, and I’ll supply the goods!
2. Cassey Ho’s Blogilates. Usually, I am swearing at Cassey’s perky, little face like she’s the black plague but once I finish one of her workout videos, she’s my new BFF. All of her videos are pretty short but they are KILLER. If you thought you couldn’t annihilate your butt in 3 minutes, you are wrong and this video is proof. She also has this crazy ability to endlessly talk throughout the video, which is not only inhuman but helps to distract you from the pain she is inflicting. Quite a powerful gift!
Photo Cred: Cassey Ho, Blogilates
3. Babe Walker’s books, White Girl Problems and Psychos. Not gonna lie to your precious, virgin ears; these are kind of offensive in a million different ways but they are hysterical and entertaining. In fact, I read both of them while I was collapsed on death’s doorstep/my bathroom floor. This humor transcends food poisoning! Perfect beach/pool material.
Photo Cred: Babe Walker
4. Overnight chia bowls. A few years ago on the food blog scene, hot oats were totally over and overnight oats were all the rage. Whoever invented overnight oats (seriously though, who was it?) should be right up there with Einstein and Newton. Pure genius! Now the cool, new thing is overnight chia pudding and I’m not hipster enough to deny this latest trend. Bliss balls may be my one true love (sorry, Trav) but I am having a torrid affair with chia bowls. I keep it pretty basic with 2 tbsp. chia seeds, 1/2 cup (honestly, I have no clue, I just eyeball it until it covers the chia sees) of almond milk, a dash of cinnamon with a splash of vanilla extra popped into the fridge to comingle like coeds overnight. Then the magic happens. It will make you want to get up in the morning. You get to top it with all sorts of awesomesness. I usually do coyo (coconut yogurt), fruit, crumbled bliss ball, mulberries, goji berries and a drizzle of honey and sunflower buttah.
The next time I’m feeling a little sassy though, I’m definitely getting crazy with some of this carrot cake chia pudding from Jessica Cox. Hey baby.
Photo Cred: Jessica Cox
5. National Donut Day. PSA: today is NATIONAL DONUT DAY, PEOPLE, and methinks it would be unpatriotic of you not to partake. Luckily for you, and me, there are angels among us creating healthy, vegan donuts so we can all celebrate this momentous occasion until our pants burst open! I plan on making these from Flip Flops and Avocados in honor of this special day:
Photo cred: Flip Flops and Avocados
6. 15% Off Sale at Arhem Friday is usually my shopping day because on Friday, you get to be a little bit naughty. I don’t even let myself meander over to the Aussie sites during the week. It’s too dangerous. I don’t know what’s floating around in the water of Australia but they all have mermaid hair, perfect tans/no wrinkles and the freaking best style. Today is one hot tamale because not only is it Friday, code for let’s eat donuts and shop online, but Arhem Clothing, which is an online women’s clothing boutique based out of Byron Bay, has 15% off storewide. You may have never thought you needed a kimono, but you do:
Photo cred: Arnhem
Also, this smoke-show of a model, Rocky Barnes, is from San Diego, so gotstaaaaa represent!
HAPPY FRIDAY! What are your current “favies”? Teehee.